[texpoint-users] Inexistent display

Mihai Anitescu anitescu at mcs.anl.gov
Sat May 6 12:57:09 PDT 2006

Hi all,

I have the following problem with Texpoint 2003 and Office 2003 (and I had
it with TexPoint 2002 and Office 2002). I used the 2.8.1. version in both
cases.

After I create my first equation, (sometimes after the second one) I get to
a stage where, everything seems to work fine, but no display is created
after I press create bitmap. The latex log is attached in pdf (since I
cannot copy paste) and shows no error as far as I can tell. I have dumped
the TP_tmp files and they look fine (ps and png).

With debug level one, I get the following error message (attached in pdf )
as well "failed to read file c:\Program Files\TexPoint\", but everything
seems to run fine.

I have tried the "empty display" FAQ suggestions to no avail. Bear in mind
that TexPoint works with my first display (in case you wonder about
permission to read of the TexPoint install dir), it starts to have problem
starting with the second. I have tried to save in between, etc. to no avail.

Let me know if you have any ideas

Mihai

Mihai Anitescu, Computer Scientist

Argonne National Laboratory