[texpoint-users] serious TexPoint problem

Andreas Glatz glatz at anl.gov
Fri Aug 18 08:37:53 PDT 2006

Hi Doug,

the message you received about EMF displays is displayed when TexPoint
cannot verify that the external program "pstoedit" is installed.
Unfortunately in rare occasions it is not found although it is installed
(so far we do not really know why this happens).
It has no further consequences for you and you can continue to use emf
displays - it also does neither mean that PowerPoint is unstable nor
your presentation is corrupted/unusable. Usually restart of PowerPoint
helps.
Does a double click open the editor (with this message) or the picture
format dialog?

The behavior after you changed the display format to a bitmap format is
not clear to me:
The old display disappeared and then another one was created on a
different slide? And the source/equation is also different (equal to
another equation)??? This is very strange - is it reproduce-able?

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions for color&displays. We are
currently working on the next major version and with the new (planned)
features you will be able to do all the things (change colors/formats
etc.) for one or many displays easily - but it will not be released in
the near future (probably not before the release (candidates) of Office
2007)...

Andreas