[texpoint-users] Weird behaviour of PowerPoint

Jaap.Leguijt at shell.com Jaap.Leguijt at shell.com
Wed Aug 29 05:38:14 PDT 2007

Hello,

Yesterday, I installed the PowerPoint plug in TexPoint for Office 2000. After some while I got it working but now PowerPoint has a strange behaviour. If I start PowerPoint, all thing work correct. I am able to create a TexPoint display and the results look promising. However, when I exit PowerPoint, it come with the message: "PowerPoint found an error that it can't correct. You should save presentations, quit, and then restart PowerPoint". If I do so, after restarting PowerPoint, the TexPoint menu does not appear. If I close PowerPoint and start it again, the TexPoint menu is still gone, bit now, a PowerPoint process is taking all the CPU time. Only if I kill the PowerPoint  process in the Task Manager, and restart PowerPoint again, it behaviour normal until the next exit. It looks as if TexPoint is causing PowerPoint to enter some infinite loop. Is there any way to correct this behaviour?

Kind regards,

Jaap Leguijt