[texpoint-users] Unstable PowerPoint after TeXPoint been installed

nmsx at free.fr nmsx at free.fr
Thu Oct 18 00:07:06 PDT 2007

Hi Georges,

Thanks for your answer. Here are few clearing-up.

Selon TexPoint <texpoint at necula.org>:

> Yes, the last version should have fixed this problem, and I am sure I tested
> with Ghostscript 8.60.
> Does this happen every time?

 Yes.

> Does it happen if you choose png image format?

Yes, i'd followed the suggested workaround in the archive. But that solved
nothing.

> Can you please test again and if the PPT is frozen,
> please open Task Manager and confirm that pstoedit.exe and/or ghostscript
> are running.
> If it still happens, please send me a 1-slide presentation that
> demonstrates the problem.

I confirm that when I exit PowerPoint, a popup message appears "PowerPoint found
an error that it can't correct. You should save presentations, quit, and then
restart PowerPoint". And a PPT process is still running and i can't kill it
elsewhere than in the process manager.

The most strange is that i have the problem as soon as i start Powerpoint and
quit without doing anything else.

> Thanks,
> George.

Thanks