[texpoint-users] (no subject)

danckelmann at gmx.net danckelmann at gmx.net
Fri Oct 19 05:21:42 PDT 2007

Hi,

I would like to use your product, but run into an installation problem that is similar (but not identical) to some other users here.

I have Vista and Powerpoint 2007.
Running the installer of Texpoint 3.1.2. installs almost all of texpoint but idles indefinitely with the message:
status: register AddIn: Quit Ppt.

If I kill the process with the taskmanager I can use Texpoint (with some smaller hickups), but I am unable to install other programs. The Windows installer complains that it is still installing another program.

Is this problem known? Can it be fixed? Is there a work-around? Will the problem be fixed in an update?

I, in principle, like the program very much and would like to purchase it, but not with the faulty installation.

best wishes
Danckel