[texpoint-users] Powerpoint crashes when I try to use texPoint

Diana Michalek dianam at mit.edu
Sun May 11 13:48:51 PDT 2008

Hi,

Powerpoint crashes every time I try to use TexPoint. If I want to
insert an equation, I click on "Latex Disp", and as soon as I type in
the first character, Powerpoint crashes.  This happened during my
trial period. Since then I purchased a license, thinking that it would
fix the issue, but I'm not even able to set up the license.  When I
click on config and start to enter my license info (either my pasting
or by typeing in), Powerpoint crashes.

Any idea what might be wrong?  I've attaching the error log which
might help, and it contains OS version info as well, which I'm
excerpting below:

Process:         Microsoft PowerPoint [1119]
Identifier:      com.microsoft.PowerPoint
Version:         070411 (11.3.5)
Code Type:       PPC (Translated)
Parent Process:  launchd [115]

Date/Time:       2008-05-11 16:10:28.213 -0400
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.5.2 (9C7010)
Report Version:  6

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000073
Crashed Thread:  0

Thanks,
Diana