[texpoint-users] TexPoint on mac, finds latex but "no output generated" FAILED message, help

Ytsen de Boer yrdeboer at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 12:32:51 PST 2008

  Dear TexPoint experts,

  Today I installed TexPoint on my mac book (OS X 10.5.2). I ran the
 install file and choose the user installation.

  Via fink I installed latex&co:

 % sudo fink install context
 % sudo fink install ghostscript6
 % sudo fink install ghostscript-fonts
 % sudo fink install oberdiek
 % sudo fink install tetex-base
 % sudo fink install system-tetex
 % sudo fink install texinfo
 % sudo fink install textutils
 % sudo fink install latex2html
 % sudo fink install dvipdfm
 % sudo fink install pdfscreen
 % sudo fink install pdfslide
 % sudo fink install pdftex
 % sudo fink install xdvi

  but something must be a-miss.

  When I start powerpoint I have the TexPoint menu, which is good.
 Also I can choose "configure" and "Information". The next information
 appears:

 TexPoint Configuration Information

 Please include this information if you contact the authors with a problem.

 Version: 3.1.3 (Mac) (February 10, 2008)
 Built on Sun Sep 23 10:50:49 2007 for Office:mac 2004
 User: ytsen
 Running on: W88030KWZ67T3Pp7
 in: PowerPoint  version 11.0 (Office:mac 2004), build 070411, running
 on Macintosh 10.5.2 (Leopard)

 Licensing:  - Unlicensed (for 0 days)
 running as AddIn: Texpoint.ppa
 TexPoint path: ytsen:Applications:TexPoint:
 Document path: ytsen:Documents:presentaties
 Document name: moriond.ppt
 current path: ytsen:Documents:presentaties
 work directory: ytsen:Documents:presentaties:

 Unix path to presentation: /Volumes/ytsen/Documents/presentaties/moriond.ppt
 your default shell: /bin/bash
 Bash path: bash is /bin/bash
 TEXPOINTLIC environment variable:
 License File: ytsen:Library:Preferences:TexPoint.lic
 TEXPOINTINI environment variable:
 Configuration File: ytsen:Library:Preferences:TexPoint.mac
 ==== Contents of ytsen:Library:Preferences:TexPoint.mac ====
 #TexPoint global settings
 #Only settings that are different from default values are written
 toolbarpos=1,0,0
 ==== end of ytsen:Library:Preferences:TexPoint.mac ====

 **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****
 <<<< checking your LaTeX setup (needed for Tex, Equation displays) >>>>
 => LaTeX check FAILED!!!
 latex is /sw/bin/latex
 <error calling: latex>
 <no output generated>

 **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****
 <<<< checking your dvips setup (needed for Tex, Equation displays) >>>>
 => dvips check FAILED!!!
 dvips is /sw/bin/dvips
 <error calling: dvips>
 <no output generated>

 **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****
 <<<< checking your ghostscript setup (needed for Tex, Equation,
 Postscript displays)>>>>
 => ghostscript check FAILED!!!
 gs is /sw/bin/gs
 <error calling: gs>
 <no output generated>

 **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****
 <<<< checking your ImageMagick setup (needed for Pictures displays) >>>>
 => convert check FAILED!!!
 convert is /sw/bin/convert
 <error calling: convert>
 <no output generated>

 **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****
 <<<< checking your gnuplot setup (needed for Plot displays) >>>>
 => gnuplot check FAILED!!!
 gnuplot is /sw/bin/gnuplot
 <error calling: gnuplot>
 <no output generated>

 If all external commands are OK, TexPoint is fully functional. In case
 a 'FAILED' is shown, some features will not work. You may want to
 install the indicated software and/or check the global (on Mac: the
 bash) path configuration. Please also check the manual for details.