[texpoint-users] Mac installation problem

John Peacock jap at roe.ac.uk
Wed Mar 11 07:11:45 PDT 2009

Hello,

Can you please help me? I have used Texpoint on a PC
for some years, and have now migrated to a Mac. I
guarantee to buy a licence if I can get it to
work - but I can't, and have wasted too many hours
on the problem. What am I doing wrong?

* Macbook OSX 10.5.6
* Microsoft Office 2004

I got the download for this combination, and ran the
installer. It opened ppt, asked if I wanted to
allow macros, and said "texpoint installed", and
showed me the licence. When I go to tools>add-ins,
texpoint.ppa is ticked.

So all looks fine.

But where is it? There is no "texpoint" menu item in
the bar at the top, as there was in the PC. The keyboard
shortcuts (alt-X-X and alt-X-D) don't do anything.
Apart from the tick in tools>add-ins, there's not the slightest
sign that texpoint exists.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times, both
in /Applications and in my user directory - same
result.

This is extremely frustrating: I want to use texpoint
very much. If you have a suggestion for how to get things
working, I'd be eternally grateful.

Thanks,

John Peacock