[texpoint-users] "Generation of bitmap succeeded, but could not be imported"

Igor Dotsenko igor.dotsenko at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 14:09:51 PST 2009

Dear TexPoint users,

I have being using TexPoint for a while and only recently faced the
following problem with "Make display". Each time I try to edit an
existing TexDisplay, I get an error message: "The generation of the
external bitmap succeeded, but could not be imported to PowerPoint.
Please try to reduce the resolution or change the format." Of course,
neither reducing the resolution nor changing the format help. The only
way to overcome the problem that I could find is to create a new
TexDisplay, which (for the same reason) cannot be further modified.

I read about the same problem with the same attempts to solve it in many
posts during 2007-2009, like:
- "Word 2007 and TexPoint 3.1.2" by Malte von Scheven, Wed Sep 26
00:42:46 PDT 2007
- "generate bitmaps fine, but can't import into powerpoint" by Nicholas
O'Donoughue, Thu Nov 29 10:47:21 PST 2007
- "Can't change Texpoint displays" by seudop at freenet.de, Wed Nov 19
13:43:03 PST 2008
- "Texpoint with Micosoft Office 2007 Enterprise" by M.Falcke, Tue Mar
10 11:45:05 PDT 2009
- "Problems with Texpoint installation" by d7q9k5g02 at sneakemail.com,
Wed Jul 8 16:25:02 PDT 2009

Although the problem seems to be known among texpoint-users, there is
still no solution or reasonable comment given by the texpoint team. Or,
maybe, I just could not find the right answer and someone has already
found his way around this "feature"?

Best regards,
Igor

--