[texpoint-users] Jagged fonts with EMF and animation

TexPoint texpoint at necula.org
Wed Sep 16 22:46:46 PDT 2009

Hi,

  I have recently learned about this problem from another user.

  I am afraid that this looks like a bug in Powerpoint. I did the
following experiment. I created a slide
with some text using a very big font. I saved the slide in EMF format
(using Save As). Then I imported this as a picture. In full screen
mode it shows nicely, until I animate it. Then it shows grainy.
Actually you can briefly see that the image turns grainy the moment
you turn on animation.

 Dan Stratila found this Microsoft Knowledgebase article that seems related:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891826/en-us?spid=2522&sid=256

 We might implement an automated workaround in a future version of texpoint.

George.