[texpoint-users] Ribbon disappears in Office 2007

Thorben Ziemek mail at thorben.ziemek.de
Tue Jul 27 11:40:41 PDT 2010

  Hello everyone,

I am experiencing the following problem with TexPoint 3.3.1 in Office
2007: whenever I click on any of the buttons in the TexPoint ribbon tab,
the groups "displays", "formatting" and "advanced" disappear from the
ribbon bar. Only the "general" group survives. When I then click on
"configure"->"cancel", they all appear and I can use them again - but
after the next click on a button, they disappear again.

Does anyone else have this problem? Maybe this has to do with Windows
7's restrictive directory read/write policy, TexPoint logs "Cannot read
from TPinit.txt" in Debug mode.

You can check out the behavior here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rh03UNMabw

Thank you for your help,