[texpoint-users] [Authors] Problems with TexPoint license

Vladimir Sverak sverak at math.umn.edu
Mon Nov 7 19:47:35 PST 2011

Hi,
currently I have TexPoint licence registered to the following machines

Sverak at TE3IMMPQVvxxyL64.4
admin at FTFBIHNWVvwyy5JI.4
Admin at TE3IMMPQVvxxyL64.4

The first and the third ``machines" is actually the same computer, one the admin account, one the account which I normally use. After I installed texpoint on the admin account, for some reason I could not use it for the other account (which is an account with lower priveleges), so I installed it on that account, too, but it seems the system  now counts it as two installations. I have another computer where I would like to install texpoint, this the admin at FTFBIHNWVvwyy5JI.4  installation above. The installation works for the admin account, but does not work for the user account which I normally use, and since it seems that each user account is counted as a different computer, I am not allowed to install the texpoint on the user account on the same computer where the admin at FTFBIHNWVvwyy5JI.4  installation already is. (When I installed the texpoint only on the admin account, it did not work on the user account I use, which again has lower privileges).
I was wondering, how are the installations counted? I would have thought that an installation on one computer counts only once, even thought it is used on more than one user account on that one computer.
Could it be possible to install texpoint also on the user acount on the admin at FTFBIHNWVvwyy5JI.4 machine?
Many thanks and best regards,
Vladimir Sverak