[texpoint-users] LaTex-compilation slow because of virus scanner?

Benjamin Friedrich benjamin.friedrich at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 01:25:19 PST 2012

Dear all,

I installed TexPoint 3.3.1 on PowerPoint 2007 on a Windows 7-64bit
machine. I use MikTex.
TexPoint works - but compiling a LaTex equations takes 5-10 seconds.
This was much faster in previous versions.
When I switch of my virus scanner (F-Secure with Deep guard) things go faster.

Also opening an existing TexPoint-Formula by double-clicking on the
corresponding image does not work anymore;
I have to use the menu.

Does anybody of you had similar expieriences?
What could be going wrong in my system?

Best
Benjamin

--
Benjamin Friedrich
Max Planck Institute for the Physics of Complex Systems

office: 2D13
phone: +49 351 871 2413
(in emergencies: -+49 1774755154)
web: www.pks.mpg.de/~ben