[texpoint-users] can't run on machines without texpoint installed

George Necula necula at cs.berkeley.edu
Thu Apr 19 10:15:15 PDT 2012

Stephen,

   This is not a problem with Ghostscript, but with font embedding.
You say that you installed and uninstalled texpoint and the problem
persists. The problem appears only on machines with no texpoint
installed, right? BTW, you can install the free version of texpoint on
any machine and that should fix the problem.

   I am not sure why the font embedding does not work in your PPT. You
must check the "embed fonts" when you save the presentation on a
machine that has texpoint (and the fonts). The alternative is to
recreate the displays with a PNG format, but it will not look as nice.

George.