[texpoint-users] Texpoint installation

M. Tamer Ozsu tozsu at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Apr 24 02:12:01 PDT 2006

I am having trouble installing Texpoint 2.8.1 on Windows XP with Powerpoint
2003 SP2. Here is what happens:

1. Texpoint is on my desktop.
2. Powerpoint is not running.
3. I start installation, it copies all of the files.
4. The last installation window that I see is the one that says "Status:
Custom Action "regaddin.vbs" - registerAddIn()"
5. Then I get a Powerpoint error window that says it has encountered a
problem and needs to close.
6. When I click "Don't send" to its inquiry about sending a report, I get
two windows:
	- TexPoint window that says "Completing the TexPoint 2.8.1 Setup
Wizard" asking me
	  to click the Finish buton (which I do)
	- A Powerpoint window that says "PowerPoint experienced a serious
error the last
	  time add-in 'texpoint' was opened. Would you like to disable this
add-in? ..."
7. I have tried once to say do not disable and a second time yes, disable
and then went into Help->About Microsoft Office PowerPoint->Disabled items
to enable it.

However, texpoint never shows up on my menu. Any help?

==Tamer
-
M. Tamer Ozsu                                   Email: tozsu at uwaterloo.ca
Professor and Univ. Research. Chair                 or ozsu at acm.org
University of Waterloo                          Tel: +1 (519) 888-4043
David R. Cheriton School of Computer Science    Fax: +1 (519) 885-1208
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
http://db.uwaterloo.ca/~tozsu