[texpoint-users] a weird error message

Eric Phipps etphipp at sandia.gov
Wed Oct 25 15:49:19 PDT 2006

I just wanted to mention that I just recently came across the same error
with TexPoint (latest version, 2.12) and Office 2004 on the Mac.  I suspect
the problem is FileVault related because I too use FileVault (mandated by
the company I work for).  I tried setting the TexPoint working directory in
the Configuration dialog to be something not in my home directory (e.g.,
/tmp/texpoint) that I have write access to, but that didn't work.  However
what did work was making a sym-link from /Volumes/etphipp to /Users/etphipp.

As far as I am aware, home directories are always in /Users on OS X.  So why
do you prepend /Volumes to the directory?

-Eric