[texpoint-users] Typesetting Greek letters in AMS math font

John Duggan jduggan at rochester.rr.com
Mon Mar 12 08:55:55 PDT 2007

Dear Rotem,

Last year, you described a problem to the TexPoint users group:  you
were getting inline math fonts in Symbol, rather than the AMS font
(cmmi10).  (Your email is pasted below, to spur your memory.)  I'm
finding the same problem, and I agree that the mix of fonts is
unappealing.  Did you ever find a solution?

I apologize for the intrusion, but any wisdom you can give me would
be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

John Duggan

Hello,

As far as I can see, TexPoint converts the Greek letter macros (\alpha,
\beta, etc.) to the Symbol fonts. Is it possible to make it use the
AMS math
font instead? The mix of Symbol and Computer Modern is unattractive.

Thanks,

Rotem