[texpoint-users] TexPoint/SPSS interaction?

Barrera, Jaime BARRERA at hws.edu
Thu Aug 30 21:25:23 PDT 2007

Hello TexPoint Community,

I am new to TexPoint.  I am using a lab machine from my institution that has a bunch of standard software titles installed.  One of them, spss, a statistical software package, seems to be invoked or at least trying to contact the network every time I start a New Tex Display.  A possibility for why this might be happening is that I am working remotely and the spss software may be trying to contact its license server on campus which is offline.

Any ideas why this might be happening?  TIA.

-Jaime

Jaime H. Barrera
Mathematics and Computer Science Department
Hobart and William Smith Colleges
306 John Ernest Lansing Hall
Geneva, NY 14456
O. 315.781.3595
F. 315.781.3860
E. barrera at hws.edu
W. http://math.hws.edu/barrera/

I see, I forget. I hear, I remember. I do, I understand.
                                                 -Chinese proverb