[texpoint-users] Texpoint and Vista

James Allan allan at cs.umass.edu
Thu Sep 6 10:59:25 PDT 2007

Hello.  I'm trying to get texpoint installed on Vista and having some
problems.  They're identical to problems reported on this list in May
and in August (I looked in the archives), but the problems apparently
still exist.  I sent a message to some texpoint address, but I don't
know if that was the right point.  Here is the gist of it.  Does anyone
have any suggestions?  (I've used texpoint on XP without problems.)

    Hello.  I'm having the same installation and running problems on Vista
    that a couple of other people have reported (Mike West's message of May
    8 and Dan Cook's message of August 9).

    (1) While installing, it hung at the "Status: registerAddIn:
    releasePpt"
    phase.  My path to ghostscript is correctly set to "C:\Program
    Files\gs\gs8.60\bin".   Based on your responses to Mike West's
    messages,
    I just canceled the installation.  TexPoint is now present in
    PowerPoint, so in theory things ought to be okay.  I mention this
    mostly
    to point out that there are still issues with the installation.

    (2) When I create a new LaTeX equation, it gets an error using
    pstoedit.  I'm including below a copy of the Log Display and the
    TexPoint configuration.  The error code is 259.  The equation I created
    was just something with a \sum and \sqrt in it just for fun; it wasn't
    unduly complex.

I'm hoping that I can get TexPoint working on Vista!  Thanks for any
advice or suggestions.

                -- james