[texpoint-users] OS X OLE Registration Database 11 corruption

TexPoint authors at texpoint.necula.org
Thu Sep 13 21:26:55 PDT 2007

Matt,

 I am a bit confused now which version of Office you are using, I thought X, but all the files you listed are for Office
2004. "OLE Registration Database 11" is the 2004 analog to "Carbon Registration Database" of Office X.
If you have both versions installed - and use them both - it will always create trouble (which I usually have when
creating the setup dmgs - Office is really incompatible with Office ;-) ).

Another possible test: move all PP related configuration files to a temporary place and start PP again
(Microsoft PowerPoint, Office 11 First Run (this might cause a reinitialization of Office), Office Font Cache (11),
Office Registration Cache 11, PowerPoint Toolbars (11), VBA Preferences, com.microsoft.PowerPoint.prefs.plist). If there
are problems restore them, or delete them if everything works.
or: try to remove the Add-In and add it again by hand (make sure that it is really gone from the Add-In list when you
start PP - you might need to open and deactivate/remove the add-in several times (?).

I tested the same situation (with 2004) and did not have a problem (except that I could not switch the language...).

I suspect an interference with another Add-In/Extension. Do you have any other PP Add-Ins installed? Does PP crash when
quitting?

If none of the above helps, please send me the information text in the configuration dialog and the installed add-ins.

Andreas.