[texpoint-users] Word 2007 and TexPoint 3.1.2

Malte von Scheven mvs at ibb.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Sep 26 00:42:46 PDT 2007

Hi everybody,

I have just installed TexPoint 3.1.2 for Office 2007 on Win XP.

In PowerPoint everything seems to work fine, even the ribbon bar
appears, which was not working for me with TexPoint 3.0.1.

But with Word I experience some strange behaviour and also some bugs I
believe.

1. When starting Word TexPoint is loaded but a warning appears:
   "Cannot find the language file for germen. Switching to English"
   The TexPoint Ribbonbar does not appear, but the TexPoint menu in the
   Addin Ribbonbar works fine.
   In the configuration only "US English" is available as language.
   If I choose this, the warning disappears, but still the ribbon bar is
   not shown.

2. I can create TexDisplays, even reopen the editor by a double click.
   But when recreating the image, I get an error message (in short):
   "Generation succeeded, but could not be imported to PowerPoint.
    Reduce resolution or change format."
   (Only when using the new file format docx)

3. Saving the document and reopening it directly, i.e. double click on
   the document, the ribbon bar is still missing, but when opening Word
   first, and the opening the document, the ribbon bar appears and works
   fine.

4. After saving and reopening a document I am not able to edit any
   existing TexDisplay. Neither by double click nor by the menu command.
   Simply nothing happens.
   (Only when using the new file format docx)

Is there any possibility to solve the language problem and the random
appearance of the ribbon bar??

Thanks in advance.

Malte von Scheven

--