[texpoint-users] Pending PowerPoint Process

pierre saveant pierre.saveant at thalesgroup.com
Thu Oct 25 00:41:15 PDT 2007

Hi there,

We bought several licences of texpoint recently and got the same
problem as Jaap.leguijt at shell.com: Weird behaviour of PowerPoint
(sent on AUG. 29, 2007)

I have follow you instructions to install Texpoint Version 3.1.2 (Win)
(released September 23, 2007)
for Office 2000 (PowerPoint 2000 SP3 (9.0.6620))
and checked that the EMF graphic Converter is intalled,

and got a message when leaving Powerpoint saying it detected an error
that it cannot solve.
The problem is when you invoked again PowerPoint it does not show up.
Looking closely, we found out that there is still a process running
(POWERPNT.EXE) that you have to kill by hand (each time, even if you
did not use Texpoint).

DID YOU FIND ANY WORKAROUND?

Thanks,

--
                    Pierre Savéant
          Thales Research & Technology France
             pierre.saveant at thalesgroup.com

"The information contained in this e-mail/fax and any attachments are
the property of THALES and may be confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify us immediately, send this message
back to us and destroy it. You are hereby notified that any review,
dissemination, distribution, copying or otherwise use of this
e-mail/fax is strictly prohibited."