[texpoint-users] TexPoint and Word -> Article Submission

Bennett Landman bennett at bme.jhu.edu
Fri Oct 26 14:57:07 PDT 2007

Good evening,

I prepared a paper using TexPoint for Word 2007 to imbed images of the equations. I had several problems:
1) The equations were not vertically aligned with the text when I had the images flow with the text. Is there a way to have the inline equations/symbols properly flow with the text?
2) The insert "Equation" fails with a ps2edit error (but the insert Latex works fine). Ideas?
3) (most important) the Elsevier Word->PDF converter made all the equations and symbols really low resolution. They are readable, but ugly (which defeats some of my interest in using Latex equations). Is there a way to change the image settings that will make reasonable images show up after Word->PDF conversion by these online systems? (Elsevier was no help - see below).

Thanks,
Bennett