[texpoint-users] generate bitmaps fine, but can't import into powerpoint

Nicholas O'Donoughue nodonoug at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Nov 29 10:47:21 PST 2007

Hello all,
	I've been using TexPoint for several months and randomly got this error
today, while trying to edit an equation in one of my PPT files.  'The
generations of the external bitmap succeeded, but could not be imported
to PowerPoint.  Please try to reduce the resolution or change the format.'
	The weird thing is that if I generate a new equation, it displays.  But
the moment I try to edit that equation, it fails to regenerate.  Has
anyone come across this problem before?  I'm not really sure what's to
blame, but here are the steps I've taken already...

1) reloaded texpoint
2) shut down and restarted powerpoint (2003)
3) upgraded texpoint from 3.0.1 to 3.1.2
4) read through TexPoint>Configuration>Information and installed all of
the missing packages

I'm running XP Pro, in case that matters.  If anyone has any insight,
I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Nick

--