[texpoint-users] How to save TexPoint fonts with PowerPoint file?

Henry S. Greenside hsg at phy.duke.edu
Wed Nov 28 06:20:34 PST 2007

I purchased TeXPoint yesterday to create equations for a
talk.  I am running TeXpoint 3.1.2 on a fully updated
Windows XP system, with Office 2003 (fully updated), with
MikTex 2.6 installed, and Ghostscript 8.60 installed.

I was able to install and run TeXPoint ok, but everytime I
try to save the Powerpoint 2003 file, I get an error
message:

    Some of your fonts cannot be saved with the presentation
        CMMI5       Not Installed
        CMR5        Not Installed
        cmsy10      Not Installed
        cmsy7       Not Installed
        StarSymbol  Not Installed

These font files definitely exist on my computer, in the
dirctory C:\Program Files\TexPointfont\outline, so why am I
getting this error message? And what do I do about the
StarSymbol?

Other users need to be able to look at my file on different
computers so I need to produce a self-contained file with
all fonts displaying correctly.

By the way, these are the preferences set in TexPoint:

     Use AMS fonts in inline mode
     Use bold AMS symbols in inline mode [on]
     Embed fonts (inline mode and emf) [on]<global[on]>

Would be appreciated if you could email me a reply directly
at hsg at phy.duke.edu since I won't know when a reply might
appears on the Forum or when the Forum gets updated.

    Thanks,

    Henry