[texpoint-users] mac configuration issues

Tom Voth tevoth at sandia.gov
Thu Nov 29 15:59:52 PST 2007

Greetings,
I'm trying to use texpoint and although it can find the requisite latex
etc code, I see many error calling... results (see below). Note that I
use latex and company frequently on my mac with no problems so all
appear to be configured properly...
Thanks for any help...

TexPoint Configuration Information

Please include this information if you contact the authors with a problem.

Version: 3.1.2 (Mac) (October 15, 2007)
Built on Sat Sep 22 12:03:34 2007 for Office:mac 2004
User: tevoth
Running on:
in: PowerPoint  version 11.0 (Office:mac 2004), build 070411, running on
Macintosh 10.4.9 (Tiger)

Licensing:  - Unlicensed (for 30 days)
running as AddIn: Texpoint.ppa
TexPoint path: Tiger OS X:Applications:TexPoint:
current path: Tiger OS X:Applications:TexPoint
work directory: tevoth:

your default shell: /bin/tcsh
Bash path: bash is /bin/bash
TEXPOINTLIC environment variable:
License File: tevoth:Library:Preferences:TexPoint.lic
TEXPOINTINI environment variable:
Configuration File: tevoth:Library:Preferences:TexPoint.mac
==== Contents of tevoth:Library:Preferences:TexPoint.mac ====
#TexPoint global settings
#Only settings that are different from default values are written
fontsize=12
toolbar=0
toolbarpos=4,0,0
dispmode=2
==== end of tevoth:Library:Preferences:TexPoint.mac ====

**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****
<<<< checking your LaTeX setup (needed for Tex, Equation displays) >>>>
=> LaTeX check FAILED!!!
latex is /usr/local/gwTeX/bin/i386-apple-darwin-current/latex
<error calling: latex>
<no output generated>

**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****
<<<< checking your dvips setup (needed for Tex, Equation displays) >>>>
=> dvips check FAILED!!!
dvips is /usr/local/gwTeX/bin/i386-apple-darwin-current/dvips
<error calling: dvips>
<no output generated>

**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****
<<<< checking your ghostscript setup (needed for Tex, Equation,
Postscript displays)>>>>
=> ghostscript check FAILED!!!
gs is /sw/bin/gs
<error calling: gs>
<no output generated>

**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****
<<<< checking your ImageMagick setup (needed for Pictures displays) >>>>
=> convert check FAILED!!!
convert is /usr/local/bin/convert
<error calling: convert>
<no output generated>

**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****
<<<< checking your gnuplot setup (needed for Plot displays) >>>>
=> gnuplot check FAILED!!!
gnuplot is /usr/local/bin/gnuplot
<error calling: gnuplot>
<no output generated>

If all external commands are OK, TexPoint is fully functional. In case a
'FAILED' is shown, some features will not work. You may want to install
the indicated software and/or check the global (on Mac: the bash) path
configuration. Please also check the manual for details.