[texpoint-users] CMBright Outline Fonts and Picture Magnification

Gregor Weihs gweihs at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 08:26:38 PDT 2008

Hi,

The hfbright fonts come with .afm files only. In order to use them with
Windows one needs to convert them. I tried a shareware utility called
CrossFont (Acute Systems) and first tried creating the missing .pfb files.
After installing the so "created" Type1 fonts I was able to get some output
from TexPoint (outline) but it didn't look very good and it didn't really
show any symbols.

Then I used CrossFont to convert the Type1 to OpenType. Now the output looks
better in terms of spacing, but the encodings are pretty messed up. I can
only get \psi and \omega for greek letters (all others show as \psi) and
fences like angle brackets show as greek characters.

CrossFont has some encoding options (I've tried "automatic" and "no
change"), but I am not an expert. Can anyone help me here?

Thanks

Gregor