[texpoint-users] inline math mode - font problem

TexPoint texpoint at necula.org
Tue Sep 29 22:20:53 PDT 2009

Hi,

  I suspect that the problem is that you manually convert the result
of texifying to cmmi10 font. That font contains only the tex
mathematical symbols. Latex has a complex mechanism for choosing fonts
and in this case it would not choose cmmi10 for the symbols that are
missing.

I suspect that your goal is to get "x" and "2" to use the cmmi10 font,
so that it looks nicer. Unfortunaately, this is not easy to do in
inline mode. You can try to write \cmm{x} but you might find this
tedious. I have written it down as a feature request in a future
version to better support this usage.

George.