[texpoint-users] check failed

TexPoint Service texpoint at necula.org
Thu Nov 4 07:52:50 PDT 2010

One problem I can see if that your "latex" command is really pdflatex.
This will not work with texpoint because it expects that latex will
generate a dvi file. Have you done anything to rename pdflatex to
latex?

The biggest problem you are having is that texpoint cannot run any
commands, even pstoedit which does not depend on the PATH (it is part
of the texpoint distribution).

Can you check that pstoedit.exe is indeed in C:\Program Files\TexPoint?

My best guess is that there is some antivirus or security setting that
prevents Powerpoint from executing external commands.

George.