[texpoint-users] error message:"Visual Basic: error while loading"

Michael Gee gee at lnm.mw.tum.de
Mon Nov 14 10:28:41 PST 2011

Dear users,

after installation of texpoint under OS X Lion and Office 2011 / MacTex I carefully followed all installation instructions. I tried a manual as well as the automatic installation. I disabled macro virus checking in PP.

When I open PP I get a small window saying: "Visual Basic: Error while loading" (I actually get "Visual Basic: Fehler him Laden" in German). I am then unable to use any of the texpoint functionality, open a tex display or the texpoint configure. I just keep getting this error message.

Any clue what this is? I heavily depend on texpoint in my teaching and already feel bad about upgrading to Lion…

Any help is very appreciated!