[texpoint-users] Shell command did not create external picture Macintosh

Albert Carter arcarter at MIT.EDU
Wed Jan 2 09:52:42 PST 2013

Hi,

I'm having trouble with a new install of TexPoint on Apple OSX 10.7.5. I've
tried both automatic and manual installs, with no success.  It seems like
LaTex isn't writing a temporary .png file to my desktop, and then TexPoint
doesn't find the (nonexistant) file, resulting in the below error message.

Has anyone else encountered the same problem?  One other user posted about
this problem on Windows in 2011, but received no replies:

subject:[texpoint-users] Error when making a display
> Alexander Kemnitz alexander.kemnitz at tu-dresden.de
> Thu Nov 10 08:37:59 PST 2011

Thank You,
Albert

Error:

Shell command did not create external picture Macintosh

HD:Users:arcarter:Desktop:TP_tmp.pngPress Cancel or Finish Later to exit to
PowerPoint.

Error /undefinedfilename in(TP_tmp.ps)

Operand stack:

Execution stack:

%interp_exit runexec2 --nostringval-- --nostringval-- 2%stopped_push
--nostringvalu-- nostringval-- --nostringval-- false 1 %stopped_push

Dictionary Stack:

Current allocation mode is local

Last OS error: 2

Albert Carter
arcarter at mit.edu
617-258-8773
38-409C

Administrative Assistant to Munther Dahleh
Associate Department Head
Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Massachusetts Institute of Technology