[texpoint-users] Font problems on OS X

Ken McMillan kenmcmil at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 18 21:22:09 PST 2006

I just had a bit of a hard time installing TeXPoint on
my Mac, and thought I would pass along the experience.

After installation, the LaTeX fonts did not work
in inline mode (I just got the default font). After poking
around a bit I discovered that some other application
had installed copies of the LaTeX fonts (such as cmmi10.ttf)
in Library/Fonts in my home directory. These were overriding
the corresponding fonts installed in /Library/Fonts by
TeXPoint. Somehow these were incompatible (perhaps
a different encoding?).

Deleting the LaTeX fonts from my home directory and
rebooting solved the problem.

Perhaps there is a way to install the fonts in such a way that
they are only visible to Office, to avoid conflicts with other apps?