[texpoint-users] slow menu display

Andreas Glatz glatz at anl.gov
Wed Aug 1 11:55:05 PDT 2007

Hi,

 To deactivate TexPoint, go to Tools->Add-Ins in PP and disable the checkbox next to TexPoint (if this does not work
after a restart of PP, you have to "Remove" it completely from there. Later you can "Add new.." and add TexPoint.ppa back.)
To clear the recent file list go to Tools->Options->General and deactivate the "recently used file".
To disconnect a network share, go to Tools->"Disconnect Network Drive..." in any Explorer Window. (Accessing network
files through a drive letter is exactly what I meant - it usually slows many operations down when you are disconnected.
It is better to access network files directly through the UNC path [\\server\share\path] which you can save as Favorite.
However, some old software might not support UNC paths directly and need "mapped" drives.)

Andreas.