[texpoint-users] Missing Fonts in EMF

Goran Frehse goran.frehse at imag.fr
Tue Feb 10 06:19:10 PST 2009

Hi,

I've been a happy TexPoint user with PowerPoint 2003 for years, but now
we switched to PowerPoint 2007 (without installing TexPoint), and almost
all equations are unreadable. It seems that the EMFs created by TexPoint
are missing the proper fonts.
The fonts are properly embedded in the presentation, and all TexPoint
characters inside normal text boxes are ok. Rather, it seems to be only
the EMFs that have a problem. The TexPoint "special textbox" used for
embedding the fonts seems ok, too.

I've reopened the presentation in PPT 2003 and converted the EMFs to
bitmap, but then they are significantly smaller in size (I'd say 75% of
original) and don't fit with the layout of the pages any more.

Do I have to manually go through dozens of presentations to convert the
equations to bitmap and then manually resize them? (grasping for air)

-G.