[texpoint-users] Texpoint fails to load external components

TexPoint authors at texpoint.necula.org
Sat Mar 19 11:34:44 PDT 2011

We recently got a report with the same behavior, that TexPoint suddenly
stopped working because no external command could be called anymore.
The reason is probably a recent update of your anti virus software - we
suspect some kind of "heuristic" (or marco) scanning method.
In the reported case, the AVG scanner was the reason. To solve the
problem, you can try to deactivate the heuristic "feature" or change to
a more reliable scanner.

Andreas.